- The program runs twice a week @ North Miami, between mid August to May per 38 weeks.
- The program runs twice a week @ Little River between late September to May per 34 weeks.
- Attendance is from 10:00a.m. – 12:30p.m.
- Open play: 9.30a.m. to 10.00a.m. at both locations.
- A minimum of 20 weeks commitment is required upon registration. Exceptions are made for families visiting Miami.
- The program is based on the Waldorf philosophy and Montessori approach.
- Program is taught in Spanish and English at both locations.
- Program requires attendance and participation of the child plus one of the parents and/or grandparents.
- Program requires a mandatory participation at the 10 hours Conscious Discipline Workshop in charge of certified intructors. Learn more about Dr. Becky Bailey and the method.
2019 Playschool Year Schedule
Tuesdays and Thursdays at North Miami*
*Mariposas Community is Full at the moment, a Waiting List is available to join during the month of March per 15 weeks until the end of the Playschool Year.
Wednesdays and Fridays at North Miami*
*Caterpillars Community is Full at the moment, a Waiting List is available to join during the month of March per 15 weeks until the end of the Playschool Year.
Starting on Monday, January 14th per 20 weeks
Mondays and Wednesdays @ Little River
$15 DEMO Classes @ Little River
Wednesday, January 16th
Monday, January 28th
Registration in advance is needed – No Walk-ins, -sorry-
Payment is confirmation to reserve your spot – only 2 families per date
___________________________________________________________Miami Nature Playschool close its doors during the month of July for a well-deserved vacation.
“Children were not built to sit and be taught;
They were built to EXPLORE, PLAY and LEARN OUTSIDE”
Children thrive when parents offer them unconditional support and are engaged in their daily activities and achievements.
We acknowledge that the primary caregiver’s involvement is instrumental in a child’s learning, and has many benefits in their motor-social-emotional development.
Our micro-community and cooperative learning environment offers children a continuous thread of experiences, weaving the net of learning connections between home, community and environment by fostering a deeper relationship between child and caregiver, and helping families to better integrate the children’ personal needs and interests into their learning environment.
- Children become more observant and aware of their natural surroundings and develop an emotional connection to the natural world.
- Positive attitude towards learning by exploration and discovery: learning in a natural and unstructured setting to engage their senses and build on their existing knowledge and experience.
- Greater motivation- children become self starters.
- Greater concentration- children learn to focus for longer periods of time
- Minimized screen time for young children.
- Children start showing the foundation of Cognitive Skills like divergent thinking and problem solving as result of the time spent exploring and discovering by themselves.
- Acquisition of Social Skills (children are given opportunities/space and time to work together in teams to solve problems-teamwork, learn to respect others).
- Improved confidence/self esteem : small children having enough confidence to take part in activities as part of larger group and tackling new tasks without assistance.
- Improved communication, listening, language and fine motor skills.
- Contact with nature leads to lower rates of ADD, ADHD, child obesity, stress, depression.
- The time spent in Nature / outdoors helps to improve physical and motor skills like walking, climbing, jumping, etc.
- Parents become more observant and aware of their natural surroundings and develop an emotional connection to the natural world.
- Families start forming and strengthening bonds becoming a supportive community.
- Parents become more self aware of parenting style/choices and how these affect their children.
- Parents gain new tools through conscious discipline workshops and coaching.
- Aligned, self aware parenting leads to improved family relationship.
Role of Parents and Grandparents: The pillars that support our village
- Parents will have the responsibility to be part of a team / community for the semester and participate actively during the learning process.
- Parents will receive advice and coaching about early childhood development and positive discipline while enrolled In the program.
- Parents are expected to follow the rules and regulations set by the program and community to which they belong.
- All the principal caregivers are expected to attend the 10 hours Conscious Discipline Workshop (A discounted extra fee apply).
Interested in joining one of our communities?
Email us at: Contact@miaminatureplayschool.com or send a TEXT to (786) 499 2939 for more details.